Here are some key numbers from PM Modi’s big Cabinet reshuffle …
* 36 new ministers have joined PM Modi’s Cabinet while 7 existing ministers have been elevated .
* In all, 43 ministers took oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
* The strength of the new Cabinet is now 77 (excluding PM Modi), up from 53 earlier. The maximum strength of the cabinet can be 81 (15% of the strength of Lok Sabha).
* 12 Union ministers, including the likes of Ravi Shankar Prasad, Harsh Vardhan, Ramesh Pokhriyal, Prakash Javadekar and Santosh Gangwar, have been dropped from the Cabinet.
* Out of 43, 15 are of Cabinet rank and the rest 28 will serve as ministers of state.
* The mean age of the new Cabinet has reduced to 58 years from 61 years.
* The Cabinet includes ministers hailing from 25 states and Union Territories.
* At least 16 entrants to the Council of Ministers are first time MPs.
* 4 former chief ministers are also part of the new Cabinet. As many as 18 have served as ministers in various state governments and 39 are former MLAs.