Cake which has an intense caramel flavour to it and is filled with dried fruits and nuts. You could add a dash of any alcohol to the cake for more flavour.
I have been making different version of fruit cakes for each year. I was thinking what to make this year. Remembered the cake which i saw in karen’s blog. And i was waiting to make that cake for a long time. Finally i made it few days back and it was delicious.
How to Make Caramel for Cake
The cake is so simple to make and the flavour of the dark caramel just wafts through the cake which i love. I hope you will try this and enjoy your holidays. The main flavour and colour for the cake comes from the caramel which we add. It is easy to make. But make sure you don’t burn the caramel.
Now take sugar in a sauce pan and cook it on medium high heat till it gets golden in colour. Don’t stir the caramel, just swirl the pan. When the caramel reaches the nice colour add in water and mix well. Set aside to cool down.
How to Make Caramel Cake
- Two days before soak all your dried fruits and nuts in rum, you can soak them in orange juice as well.
- On the day of baking. Start by preheating oven to 180 degree C. Grease a 8 inch round cake pan with oil and dust it with flour. Set aside.
- Take the dried fruits and add two tbsp of flour. Toss well and set aside.
- Now take flour, baking powder and baking soda in a sifter and sieve it well. Set aside.
- Now take sugar in a sauce pan and cook it on medium high heat till it gets golden in colour. Don’t stir the caramel, just swirl the pan. Now when the caramel reaches the nice colour add in water and mix well. Set aside to cool down.
- Now separate the egg, take egg white in a large bowl and whip it using an electric beater till stiff.
- Take butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whip till creamy. Add in egg yolks and whip again.
- Now add in half of the flour mix in and fold gently. Add in the cooled caramel and mix well. Now add in the remaining flour mix in and fold gently.
- Finally add in ⅓rd of the egg white and fold well. Then add the final egg whites and fold very gently till it is nice and airy.
- Finally add in the flour tossed nuts and dried fruits and fold well.
- Spoon this into the cake pan and bake for 1 hour or insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done.
- Remove it and cool completely.
- Now slice and serve
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Caramel Cake | Christmas Caramel Cake Recipe
Soft and caramel cake filled with dried fruits and nuts. The cake has a intense caramel flavour and taste delicious.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Caramel Fruit Cake with Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|take it off the stove and add water in it..First the syrup will crystalize, when you keep heating it will melt again|