British Rich Plum Cake Recipe with Step by step Pictures. Christmas Fruit cake and plum cake which taste so moist and delicious. The cake turned out so fruity and rich.
You will love my chocolate fruit cake recipe which is made in a pan.
Even though this cake has no alcohol in it. It taste absolutely delicious. This cake can be made from start to finish in under 30 mins, Baking time extra.
About Plum Cake
Each year I am sharing new fruit cake recipes for christmas. This year it is a rich british plum cake recipe and turned out super delicious. This is a single cake version and this particular recipe gives you a perfect one hefty cake.
1)This cake needs no soaking of fruits in rum.
2)It is an instant fruit cake recipe.
3)This is a non alcoholic version.
How to Make Plum Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 degree c.
- Line a 8 inch round pan with parchment paper. Grease it lightly.
- Now take all dried fruits and nuts in a sauce pan.
- Add ½ cup water and orange and mix well. cook it for 2 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Now in a separate pan take sugar and cook on medium heat till it caramelizes. Add ⅓ cup water and mix well till smooth.
- Now in a bowl, take butter, sugar and vanilla. Cream well.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Pour caramel water and mix well.
- Add in spice powders, flour and baking soda. Fold gently,
- Add in the dry fruit mixture. Fold gently.
- Spoon into the pan and bake for 45 mins and 1 hour.
- Remove and cool completely. Serve.
Tips to bake cake without an oven
- Use a heavy bottom pan with fitting lid.
- Use hard anodised pan for best result.
- Don’t use nonstick pan. since it is not ideal to heat nonstick empty.
- Use aluminium and indalium pan.
- You can use a pressure cooker for baking. If you are using pressure cooker, dont use whistle or gasket.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Plum Cake Recipe | British Fruit Cake Recipe | Fruit Cake
Christmas Fruit cake and plum cake which taste so moist and delicious. The cake turned out so fruity and rich.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Plum Cake with Step by step pictures
1)Take all your ingredients
3)Take all the fruits in a sauce pan
4)Add in orange juice
5)Add in water
6)Heat till it comes to a boil
7)Take sugar in a sauce pan and cook on low heat
8)Now the sugar is caramelized
10)Cook till it is smooth
11)Take butter in a bowl
12)Add in sugar
13)Add in vanilla
14)Add in eggs and mix well
15)Add in caramel water
16)Add in spice powder
17)Add in ginger powder
18)Add in flour
19)Add in baking soda
21)Add in flour to dry fruits mix.
22)add this to batter
23)Line a pan with parchment
24)Spoon the batter in
25)Bake till done